There is no charge for participation in the parade. But don’t limit your Fiesta participation to just the parade. Join us in Trimble Park as an exhibitor – it’s a great way to promote your organization.
David Eby, MLA, Point Grey
Catherine Evans, Parks Board
102.7 THE PEAK
29th St. Helen’s Scouting Group
Austin Healey Club of BC
Cadillac Club of BC
Developmental Disability Assoc
Hewer Home Hardware
Lower Mainland Colour Party
Miss Teen Vancouver
New Westminster Pipe Band
Pedalheads Bike Camp
Point Grey Village BIA
RBC Royal Bank
Renaissance Fencing Club
Tapestry – Discovery Tapestry
Third Eye Martial arts
Thunderbird Marching Band
UBC Community 4-H Club
University Hill Preschool
Van Yperern Jewellers
Vancouver Fire & Rescue Services
Vancouver Police Motorcycle Drill Team
West Point Grey District Girl Guides
West Point Grey Lawn Bowling
Procedures and policies
Please review all the information on this page and share it with everyone in your group that needs to know. It contains important information.
Parade line-up and staging will begin at 9:15 am on Blanca between 10th and12th Avenue. The Parade will start at 10:00 am sharp. Parade order groupings are as follows A, 1, B, 2, C, 3, D, 4. Grouping signs will be posted on Blanca and Royal Bank Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Parade proceeds down 10th Avenue and turns left on Discovery into Trimble Park.
Please note that Jericho Baseball will assemble behind the barricade on the north side of 10th and Tolmie (Near Curves gym). This group has the opportunity to watch the entire parade and also participate. This group will be the last to join in the parade as it proceeds down 10th Avenue to Trimble Park. A Parade marshal will give you the go-ahead on when to enter the parade line-up.
- All vehicles must enter the parade route via side streets adjacent to Blanca or from 16th and Blanca. No vehicles except VIP vehicles may enter assembly area from 10th and Blanca.
- All entries must maintain a spacing of 10 meters (30 ft.) behind the preceding unit and regulate their speed accordingly. No stopping for demonstrations are allowed.
- It is mandatory that each participant have a leader to control their group and ensure 10 meters of spacing between parade participants is maintained.
- Any entries advocating, opposing or depicting any political, religious or social issues are not permitted.
- Children under 10 must be closely supervised by an adult at ALL TIMES.
- Throwing candy and merchandise from vehicles is prohibited due to safety of parade participants and spectators. However, you may allow members of your group to hand out merchandise and candy at the side of the road.
Starting at 09:15 am, Groups & bands will assemble on Blanca Street between 10th – 14th avenues. Both Blanca Street and West 10th avenue will be closed to traffic at this time. All parade entries will receive a parade number and cross-street location so you know where to assemble. Click here for the parade order.
The following groups have special assembly areas:
Decorated Bike: 9:30am at 10th and Tolmie, southside by BC Hydro
Little League: Tolmie and 10th , north side, by TD Bank
These two groups will watch the parade before joining the parade as the last two entries.
Our parade starts promptly at 10:00 am from 10th & Blanca. The parade route is 2.5 kms long to Point Grey (Trimble) Park. The VPD Motorcycle Drill starts the parade. The first groups will enter the park at 10:30 and the later groups after 11:00am.
09:15 Blanca street, south from 10th – 14th avenues
09:30 West 10th avenue east from Blanca to Discovery (at the Shell station)
09:30 Discovery Street from 10th to 7th avenues
Vancouver Police will be on traffic duty.
Performance routines are welcomed all along the route, but please do keep moving in a forward direction, keeping an even space between units. Important: do not stop and perform – this delays the parade.
Participants acknowledge and agree that photos or video taken during the parade sponsored by and/or included in the Point Grey Fiesta may be used without further consent or compensation by the Point Grey Fiesta may be used for promotional purposes. This includes, but is not limited to websites, Facebook, social networks, articles, and any other promotional or news materials regardless of format.
For more information, please contact JT Lee, Parade Marshal at email@example.com